2. We take our obligations in relation to your information seriously and we are committed to protecting your information and ensuring we comply with all relevant privacy laws, including the Privacy Act 1993.
What information do we collect about you?
5. We collect your information for lawful purposes connected to our functions or activities, for purposes directly related to this or where you have agreed we can do so. Information we may collect includes:
(a) your name, gender, date of birth, contact details or information;
(a)(b) credit card details and proof of identity or age, for example, when you use online ordering food and beverage services, including via our apps ;
(b)(c) your image in public spaces at Precinct properties (via CCTV);
(c)(d) public social media account or page details;
(d)(e) vehicle licence number, and vehicle location and movements on our properties and in public areas to which we have visibility;
(e)(f) information about your use of our properties or services or of retailers operating in our properties;
(f)(g) information about your engagement with marketing, promotions or offers available at Precinct properties (whether offered by us or a retailer operating at Precinct properties);
(g)(h) location and movements of people in our public spaces before, during and after entry into Precinct properties (including live locations) - we collect this on an aggregated basis so that we are not able to identify you specifically. This information helps us understand how people move through our properties so we better tailor our services and premises;
(h)(i) your communications with us (which may include recordings of telephone conversations, emails and other written communications);
(i)(j) analytics information including your IP address, internet usage and website activity; and
(j)(k) any other information you provide to us from time to time.
How do we collect your information?
6. We collect information from you, including information you provide via mobile apps, website, telephone, by email, via our social media platforms or when you enter our promotions. Please be aware that we may collect some of your information through CCTV cameras, which we use for general security purposes. We may also collect your information from anyone you have authorised, retailers operating in our centres, from other third parties where that information is publicly available or where it is otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.
7. If you give us any information about anyone else, you must have their consent to give us the information before you do so.
How do we use your information?
9. We use your information only for purposes you have agreed to, for purposes directly related to our functions or activities or where we are authorised to under the Privacy Act.
10. We may use your information for the following reasons:
(a) to manage health and safety within our properties, including pedestrian traffic flows;
(b) to provide our services to you including our centre maps and directories, wireless service and parking services;
(c) to help us offer, manage, improve and promote our services and operations and those of retailers operating at Precinct properties;
(d) to understand and analyse how you engage with services, products, offers, events or other benefits offered by us or retailers operating at Precinct properties;
(e) to notify you of services, products, offers, events or other benefits offered by us, retailers operating at our properties or our business partners that we think may be of interest to you;
(f) to conduct market research and to contact you with market, research or survey communications;
(g) to process transactions and administer accounts you have with us or retailers operating at our properties;
(h) for the prevention, detection, investigation and analysis of incidents and offences in and around our properties and for general security purposes; and
(i) any other purposes you agree to.
11. You consent to us, retailers at our properties or our business partners, sending you information connected with the above collection and use purposes via email or text message when you provide us with your email address and/or mobile phone number. You may be sent other information we think you may be interested in and which may market and promote our products and services, or the products and services of retailers operating in our properties or those of our business partners. The messages you receive from Precinct will have instructions for how you can remove yourself from our mailing list.
12. Email marketing will only be sent to your email address if you have given your consent. You may unsubscribe to any email marketing message at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the message.
Who do we give your information to?
13. We will only disclose your information where you have authorised such disclosure, where disclosure is connected to one of our functions or activities or where we are able to under the Privacy Act.
14. Examples where we may disclose your information are:
(a) to service providers in order to provide our services to you;
(b) to retailers at Precinct properties or our business partners for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes to the extent permitted by law. Where we do this, your information is aggregated with that of other visitors to our properties, so retailers and business partners will not be able to identify you;
(c) to law enforcement agencies for the purposes of prevention, detection, investigation and analysis of incidents or offences in and around our centres (including law enforcement agencies having live-feed access to our CCTV cameras);
(d) to meet our legal obligations;
(e) in order for us to sell any of our assets and parts of our business; and
(f) for legal or auditing purposes.
15. Where we share your information, we will take reasonable steps to prevent the unauthorised use or disclosure of your information.
How do we store your information?
16. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is protected against loss, unauthorised access and other misuse. We adopt policies and procedures to protect your information, and we review these regularly.
Access to, correction, modification and deletion of your information
17. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate. You have the right at any stage to request us to provide you with access to your information. We will respond to any request by you to correct or access your information as soon as practicable following receipt of such request, but there are exceptions under the Privacy Act where we may not be able to do so. We will tell you if that is the case.
18. If you have any questions or requests for your information, please contact us at hello[email protected] If you would like more information about privacy in general, please refer to the Privacy Commissioner’s website: www.privacy.org.